The Lodge Cast Iron 12-inch Skillet and Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes and all your favorite foods. Fry up a mess of catfish, roast a chicken, or bake an apple crisp in this generous 12-inch pan that features two handles for heavy lifting and two subtle side lips for pouring. Cast iron loves a campfire, a stovetop, or an oven, and can slow-cook foods without scorching. It retains heat well so you can sear meat at higher temperatures and will keep your delicious meals warm for a long time. Whether used in a kitchen or camp, theses virtually indestructible cookware should last for generations. Made of cast iron, this Skillet evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron skillet looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. Cast Iron, like your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware. The American-based company, Lodge, has been fine-tuning its construction of rugged, cast-iron cookware for more than a century.
Note the black patina given to the cookware by the factory seasoning process is, in fact, vegetable oil that has been baked into a piece of cookware that has emerged from an individual sand mold. This coating of oil is a functional application and not a cosmetic application. The cookware is hanging as it rides through the electrostatic sprayer and commercial conveyer ovens at very high temperatures. This allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the pores of the iron which creates an easy release finish. As a result of this process, you may see a blister or bubble of oil at the rim, southern-most point or at the end of the handle of the cookware piece. If visible, it will rub or flake off with your finger, leaving a brown spot. Don’t worry, it’s not rust but a seasoned spot that is brown, indicative of the varnish stage of seasoning. As a matter of fact, this is the color of home seasoned iron until it has been used several times. The brown spot will turn black with use
Features & Highlights
- 12 Inch Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Silicone Pot Holder, Red. An improvement on the original: the Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, featuring an assist handle. This will be your go-to pan for generations to come. The Lodge Silicone Hot Handle Holders keep your hands safe without compromising style.
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get .
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it's about the memories.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it's a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
|Item Weight:||8 pounds|
|Item Size:||12.56 x 2.25 x 2.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||8.42 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.6 x 1.99 x 1.99 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Lodge, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 2100090557, ean: 0011644905552,
A true kitchen staple, the All-Clad Hard Anodized E785S264 Set of 2 fry pans (8 & 10 In.) is ideal for searing, browning, and pan-frying everything from eggs to meats. The fry pans feature a flat bottom and flared sides that make tossing foods effort...
mpn: A9108274, ean: 8858998533565,
T-fal B36090/B3629064 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Jumbo Cooker Saute Pan with Glass Lid Cookware, 5-Quart, Black. The 5-Quart capacity is perfect for cooking delicious, large family meals. The high quality nonstick interior and exter...
mpn: 2102, ean: 0841710189858,
An Amazon Brand.10.25-inch cast-iron skillet for sautéing, searing, pan-frying, baking, broiling, roasting, and more; pre-seasoned and ready to use. Heavy-duty cast-iron construction for optimal heat retention and thorough, even heating. Long handle...
mpn: 17L8SK3, ean: 0075536300801,
10.25-inch Skillet can saute, sear, fry, bake and stir fry. Pre-Seasoned and ready-to-use. Superior heat retention and even cooking. Sturdy handle with hole for hanging when not in use, complemented by helper handle. Made in the USA. ...